Customer have around 200+ premium transport assets and most of the hydraulic axles are imported from â€” Goldhofer, Germany, Volvo, Benz. All type/brand of assets require different kind of service and technical centre also.
- Separate module for maintenance of assets which capture in 360 degree visibility of asset life cycle as finance, track records, comparison of previous services Alert & Notification.
- Make decisions based on real-time view of maintenance KPIs and statistics Improve resource utilization and reduce downtime with cross department/ unit collaboration.
RAPID METRORAIL GURGAON LIMITED (RMGL)
INVENTORY RECORDS ON PURCHASE RATE & SALES RATE
A very big challenge of warehouse is to maintain Inventory in both purchase & sales rate as per the day. 80% of components (Signalling, Rolling Stock and Routing) in Warehouse are imported from Global Suppliers to Siemens.
- Our system reports to Siemens in both Purchase Value (values of material at the date of import) & Sales Values (Value of material today).
- The challenge to organization maintained an Inventory in different Values. Import Exchange Rate of foreign currencies is changed frequently.
- PWS Reports convert into INR. Warehouse Executive can enter into system as per ASN/PO in any currency. System reports as per CBEC exchange rates.
SUB CONTRACTOR PROCESS
DIFFERENT UNIT OF MEASUREMENT
A very big challenge in this kind of warehouse is that the Inventory can be maintained in different unit of measures in â€” different Places. Form Client to Warehouse â€“ Clientâ€™s vendors is sending Packing List/Invoice in terms of Metric Tons/FLP. Warehouse to Cutting Contractor â€“ Contractor pick a FLP in terms of number of pieces. MRS/Sales order received from end Customer is in terms of number of pieces in CTL. This will be challenge to any organization maintained an Inventory in different UOM.
- Maintained Inventory in three UOM in all places to maintained accurate inventory.
- PWS have converted into all the different UOM and all places.
- Warehouse Executive can enter into system in any UOM and system will convert into all three UOM.
- Decentralized warehouse resulting in additional administrative cost
- Difficult to manage number of warehouses distantly located
- Heavy investment needed to hold inventory at different location in larger lots
- Supply constraints in the existing market leading to high prices
- Difficult to maintain high level efficiency
- Partnered with Orsay to break bulk warehousing and conduct RFP for a centralized warehouse for east region.
- Warehouse to be located in the most centrally located position to ease distribution, routing and scheduling.
- Orsayâ€™s decision to send RFP to third party service providers to build as well as manage warehouse operations.
- Detailed RFP prepared in the form of techno-commercial proposal with details like warehouse equipment, no. of employees, storage systems, IT facilities, quality of construction etc.
- High level of participation with 8 service providers clearing the final quotation round-which broke market capacity barrier
- Transport facilities more efficient and optimally used.
- Reduction in administrative and operating costs i.e. remuneration, cost of equipment etc.
- Success of event resulted in repeating the RFP process for west, north and south Zones
- Complex supply chain with presence in several locations Inadequate tools and processes to manage spend for the large amount of scrap processed at each plant
- Cartel formation among most of the scrap buyers resulting in lower rates
- Limited number of buyers interested for low volumes
- Deployed Orsay E-sourcing services to automate manual processes, identify suppliers and conduct a forward auction
- Solution used to implement best in class category specific template and processes to create effective market making resulting in participation of 5 buyers located cross country
- Forward auction conducted for lots with ranks and lead bids
- Incremental savings of 3-4 percent from incumbent suppliers over RFQ
- Standardization of sourcing related templates across all locations
- Reduced cycle time for sales activities (up to 30 %)
- Incorporated best practices like lotting strategy and negotiation formats Significant overall profit increase to the tune of 70%